Field trips at the sanctuary
We love having field trips at Friends in Need! Currently, we have volunteer support for K-6 fields trips.
When you reach out to set up a field trip, we will discuss your desired outcomes.
Potential activities, properly adjusted for student ages and seasonal availability, are:
- Animal introductions (depending on age)
- Domesticated Mink
- Chickens and Roosters
- Patagonian Cavvy
- Gardens (August–October)
- How is an animal rescue different than a zoo or a farm, and why is that important?
- How can I care for animals?
- How can I care for plants?
- How can I be a responsible pet owner?
- What opportunities are there in animal rescue?
- What opportunities are there in agriculture?
Schedule your trip
To schedule a field trip, please call or text David at 801-823-7223.